Sunday, October 31, 2010

Some updates...

Well, school for Medical Assisting was put on hold after my need to go back to work and Peter catching the h1n1 flu last winter. I went back to state board and got my CNA certification back. I was working in a nursing home up til the 3rd week of October when my back finally said that I have had enough. I am now doing private sitting.

Eddie and I have been attending college online since April, but have now decided to return to National College so that I can finish my AA in Medical Assisting and he can go back into the IT course. At the online college, we have been taking the general education courses for our BA degrees so all these classes should transfer with no problem. We go Wed. morning for a financial aid thing at National and to start the transfer process. We are currently enrolled in a class that will finish about two weeks before the semester start at National, so hopefully, all will go fairly smoothly.

I plan to return to the online college after I finish at National and get a better job.

We never made it to Pennsic this past summer since so much was going on, but according to my dear hubby, we are definitely going this year and because of that, I have a lot of sewing ahead of me this year. I just hope that I can get in stitching time as well. With Christmas coming up fast, I am going to have to do something since I will have to gfive handmade gifts this year due to finances. I also have a few things that I need to get done for my little neice who is expected to arrive in January sometime.

We have some wood-working projects planned that we will be working on as well. We will be making chests, seats (benches and stools) and possibly a table to fluff out our medieval encampment. We really are hoping to take as little mundane/modern stuff as possible. Coolers, of course, are a necessity, as are a few other things, but all will be hidden as much as possible.

I have decided that trying to make a list of projects that I want to get done is not a good thing as they rarely happen. "Stuff" always comes up and gets in the way. I am hoping to just stitch on something and to finish a few projects, big or small, doesn't matter. I also hope to get a few outfits complete before the end of the year so that I will be able to breathe a bit easier as the next few events that we are planning to attend roll around. I will say this, though...with school, work, and all the crafting, Eddie and I are staying quite busy and we are occupied in a positive way, which definitely eliminates boredom. Having a busy family has cut down on a lot of the bickering that has been rampant, especially between the boys. Not all is gone, though, but it is improving. Teens..gotta love 'em!

No comments: